Monday, March 23, 2015

Welcome to Orthumanitas.

According “Word Press”, one of the largest blog hosts in the world., there are over 17.6 billion blogs in existence. Consequently, it is highly improbable that another blog will change much in the world, except of course for the blogger, and to a lesser degree the few persons who interact with the blogs content.

I have blogged, on and off, for about the last ten years. Initially, I thought that I had something  to say that others might find helpful or even educational and transformative. I quickly learned that it is pretty delusional to think you have something to say that is going to help the world. 

Consequently, I decided to stay away from blogging regularly for the last two years. During that time I have rethought the purpose and benefit of blogging. I am by no means sure I now have it correct, however, I want to blog again. I must say however that my intentions and expectations are very different this time. 

My primary intention is to use the blog as a public way of journaling my experiences and thoughts.  My desire is not to address mere random thoughts or experiences, but those that are most instrumental towards the journey of becoming a true human being, specifically becoming a Christlike person. This is not to say that homo-sapiens are humans. We are indeed human beings, however, we are not fully or truly human beings in the sense that we have not arrived at our full potential.  So then, the point of this blog is to publicly consider, and discuss the process of becoming fully human. Hence the name, “Orthumanitas”, right or true humanity.

My secondary intention is to dialogue with any all who might read the blog posts, in other words, I am making my private journal public for the sake of my own growth and increased understanding. I am convinced that each individual life, lived out as a person experiencing time and space on an individual platform, is very limited in scope and understanding. The more we share what we see with each other, the greater our possibility for a larger scope and  understanding. I am convinced that becoming fully human is not a private race run in ones own mind, but rather a corporate experience only understood through the eyes of all. 


The blog topics will mostly deal with issues of daily life, social issues, philosophical conundrums, and the like. Feel free to read, follow, or critique any post. Just one request, play nice.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to learn that you found your way to what seems like it will be home for you, Fr Carlos.

    We used to interact some years back when I ran my old blog.

    I wish you well, and a blessed & holy Pascha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete